Wine and Wildlife Safari
10 Days in South Africa - May 8 - 17, 2022
Prepared Exclusively for the
Big Sky Chamber of Commerce
This private, small-group itinerary was carefully crafted to capture the highlights of what makes South Africa such a truly epic destination.
Starting in one of the most beautiful cities in the world, explore the dramatic coastline of the Cape Peninsula as you kayak with African penguins and learn about the world-renowned Cape wine region with a local, expert wine guide. Journey to the verdant winemaking valley of Franschhoek outside of Cape Town where you'll enjoy wine tastings hosted by local vintners and locally sourced gourmet meals prepared by highly trained chefs. You'll stay at one of the oldest and continuously operating wine farms in the Western Cape region.
Your adventure continues as you fly northeast to the greater Kruger National Park area for safari game drives and walking safaris in the exclusive Timbavati Private Reserve, one of the most wildlife-rich conservancies in South Africa. Expert naturalist guides and trackers lead the way and help interpret wildlife behavior as you amble through the bush by vehicle and on foot.
Your accommodations throughout this itinerary are comfortable, boutique guesthouses and luxury safari camps that are perfectly located for city amenities and wildlife access.
This itinerary can serve as the foundation for a longer exploration of Southern Africa. Ask us about ideas on how to add more time like an extension to Victoria Falls or to the Okavango Delta of Botswana!
$7,395 per person based on 2 adults sharing per room. Single rooms are available at extra cost.
Space is limited to 8 guests. 4 spaces remaining!
To sign up or learn more:
Day To Day Itinerary:
Day 1 - Arrive Cape Town
Arrive at Cape Town International Airport and transfer to your accommodation. Depending on your arrival time, the afternoon and evening are yours to explore nearby the hotel or even take the cable car to up Table Mountain. Overnight at the boutique Cape Cadogan.
- Day 2 - Walking Food and History Tour
- Day 3 - Penguins and Cape Peninsula
- Day 4 - Uthando and Winelands
- Day 5 - Winelands Exploration
- Day 6 - Greater Kruger: Timbavati Private Reserve
- Days 7 - 9 - Greater Kruger: Timbavati Private Reserve
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Tanda Tula Camp
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- VIP meet and greet at CPT airport
- Domestic flight between Cape Town (CPT) and the Timbavati (Hoedspruit, HDS)
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Private road transfers to/from airports and around Cape Town (minivan)
- 9-nights accommodation
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner (except dinner on Days 1 and 3; local dining guide provided)
- Wine tastings in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
- Local brand drinks at Tanda Tula
- Beverage allowance of approx 2 glasses of wine per guest at lunch and dinner on days 4 and 5
- Shared game drives and walks
- Laundry at Tanda Tula; laundry at Cape Cadogan available at a fee
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies, and conservation fees
- $100 per person contribution to Uthando South Africa
- International airfare into Cape Town, South Africa and out of Hoedspruit (HDS)
- Tips and gratuities (guidance on this will be provided)
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Premium wines and spirits and meals other than indicated
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplement applies of $975 for guests that require a solo room and there are limited spaces for this. Please inquire about airfare and travel insurance. Price based on current exchange rates with the South African Rand / Namibian Dollar which may fluctuate in which case the difference will be passed on to the guest (unlikely). Children ages 10 and up are welcome on this trip but due to the nature of the activities in Cape Town being wine-focused this may not be the best fit for a family. Please inquire about other options. Per South African law, no alcohol may be sold or served to any persons under the age of 18.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!