Okavango Delta Safari
9 Days in The Okavango Delta
and Victoria Falls
The Okavango Delta is the crown jewel of wildlife safaris in southern Africa. The largest inland delta in the world, the Okavango Delta is fed by annual floodwaters from the highlands of Angola. This massive wetland attracts wildlife from the entire region including elephant, lion, wild dog, hippo, hyena and all manner of plains game like impala, lechwe and even sitatunga.
Safaris here are renowned for their abundant wildlife and isolated fly-in camps. Guests can experience this place by tracking game on foot, mokoro dugout canoe or in an open 4x4. You'll split your time between two remote camps all situated in prime wildlife areas. Choose between a classic camp or indulge with an upgrade to a truly exclusive luxury camp even deeper in the heart of the Delta. You'll be led by expert naturalist guides throughout who are masters at reading animal behavior, interpreting tracks and identifying every leaf and bird along the way.
After nearly a week of the best game viewing in Botswana, venture to Victoria Falls, one of the natural wonders of the world. Here the massive and mighty Zambezi River cascades nearly 400 feet into the basalt gorge below.
|Low Season||From $10,995 per person||Add $7,595 per person|
|High Season||From $15,895 per person||Add $8,595 per person|
Dugout Mokoro Canoe Safari
Remote Fly-in Camps
High (Best): June - October
Classic, Luxurious, Romantic
Day 1 - Arrive Maun - Fly to Okavango Delta
Welcome to Botswana! On arrival at the Maun Airport, you'll be met and escorted through customs. Board your light aircraft for a flight over the furthest fingers of the Okavango Delta touching down at a remote airstrip. Your guide will be there to meet you and immediately you'll head off on a game drive through this wildlife paradise.
Classic: Chitabe is located at the heart of a mosaic of habitats meaning that wildlife experiences here are prolific. Day and night drives and guided walks showcase the varied wildlife and landscapes of the Okavango margins. With only eight tents connected by elevated walkways, this camp is the perfect base from which to explore.
Luxury: From each of Vumbura's luxury tents, you'll enjoy uninterrupted views over the Delta while enjoying the touches of luxury, like private plunge pools, salas, and indoor and outdoor showers. Safari activities focus on day and night game drives through a variety of game-rich terrain. Seasonal water activities like mokoro and boating, nature walks and even hot air balloon excursions are all possible.
- Days 2-3 - Okavango Delta
- Day 4 - Okavango Delta
- Days 5-6 - Okavango Delta
- Day 7 - Victoria Falls
- Day 8 - Victoria Falls
- Day 9 - Departure
Classic Camp Options:
Toka Leya Camp
Luxury Camp Options:
Matetsi Victoria Falls
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flights: Maun-Delta-Vic Falls or Livingstone
- Shared road transfers
- 8-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 9
- Shared game drives, walks, boating activities depending on camp and water levels
- Laundry and local drinks
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees, vehicle fees, conservation levies and departure taxes.
- International airfare into Harare, Zimbabwe and out of Maun, Botswana
- Zimbabwe or Zambia visa (purchased on arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks and meals other than what is indicated as included
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!