Kenya Bush and Beach Safari
11 Days in the Maasai Mara
and at Diani Beach
Combine the best of exciting wildlife and safari activities with the relaxation of Kenya's Swahili Coast on this itinerary that's perfect for couples and families alike.
Starting in Nairobi, you'll get the chance to hand-feed endangered Rothschild Giraffes and witness the antics of baby elephants at the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. Visit the Karen Blixen Museum for lunch or consider a stop at the Kazuri Bead Center, a women-owned ceramic bead cooperative that provides income to single mothers.
The Maasai Mara is Kenya's crown jewel wildlife reserve with huge lion prides, an abundance of plains game like eland and impala and the massive Great Migration of wildebeest and zebra that pass right through the heart of the wilderness area. Based from Emboo River, the leading eco-camp in Kenya, you'll enjoy game drives in the first electric safari vehicle in the Mara led by exceptional guides. The camp's commitment to sustainability and keeping a low ecological footprint is setting the standard for other safari camps in Kenya.
After time in the bush, head for the sand, sun and surf of Diani Beach. Relax with a book in a hammock overlooking the turquoise waters, spend a morning snorkelling the nearby reef or cool off in the pool. This is a great place to pick up some wonderful African-print kitenge fabrics sold by the locals.
For the more luxury-oriented, ask about an upgrade to Cottar's 1920's camp in the Mara set in it's own private and secluded reserve. Alfajiri Villas on the coast is ideal for larger families or groups looking for exclusivity and Hemingway's is widely considered the top place to stay in Nairobi thanks to its top-notch staff, well-appointed decor and unparalleled hospitality.
|Low Season||From $5,450 per person|
|Mid Season||From $5,995 per person|
|High Season||From $6,850 per person|
Holiday supplement of $550 applies mid-December - early January
Luxury upgrade options from an added $4k per person
Maasai Mara National Reserve
Swahili Coast of Kenya
Low: February - May
Mid (Better): June - Mid July
Mid October - Mid December
High (Best): July - Mid October
Classic, Luxurious, Family, Cultural, Romantic
Day 1 - Arrive Nairobi
Welcome to Kenya, East Africa's most cosmopolitan city! You'll be met on arrival and transferred to your hotel. Overnight Ole Sereni (classic) overlooking the Nairobi National Park or Hemingways (luxury upgrade) an elegant boutique hotel situated in Nairobi's Karen neighborhood.
- Day 2 - Giraffe Center and Elephant Orphanage, Fly to Maasai Mara
- Days 3-5 - Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Day 6 - Fly to Diani Beach
- Days 7-9 - Diani Beach at the Swahili Coast
- Day 10 - Departure
Classic Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Ole Sereni Hotel
Emboo River Camp
The Sands at Nomad
Luxury Lodges and Camp Options For This Adventure:
Cottar's 1920's Camp
Alfajiri Beach Villa
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Nairobi-Mara-Diani-Nairobi internal flights
- Shared camp activities
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Local brand drinks (except at Sands at Nomad)
- Game drives and walks, entrance fees at giraffe center and Sheldrick
- Laundry at Emboo and at luxury accommodations
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees and conservation levies
- International airfare into and out of Nairobi, Kenya
- Kenya visa (must be acquired prior to arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks and laundry at Sands at Nomad
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 11 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults equal to 60% classic itinerary cost or 50% luxury itinerary cost.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!