10 Days Through Namibia
This active and experiential 10-day safari puts guests in the action while tracking desert rhino on foot in Damaraland and climbing the dunes of Sossusvlei. Based from remote and exclusive camps in expansive wilderness areas and conservancies, your expert naturalist guide will lead the way and explain how all of the local creatures and plants have adapted to this arid Eden. Explore the greater Etosha National Park region and its dense concentrations of big game. Walk with expert local trackers in search of endangered wild rhino. Sleep out under Namibia's dark skies after a day of desert elephant and giraffe encounters.
Expansive landscapes in every direction only serve to remind you that you just may have found the edge of the world. With a maximum group size of only 7 guests, this intimate driving safari is perfect for active couples, friends and small groups who are looking to adventure together.
|Low Season Scheduled Departure||From $4,550 per person|
|High Season Scheduled Departure||From $4,995 per person|
*Please inquire for departure dates. Private departures on custom dates also possible at additional cost.
Desert Rhino Tracking
Etosha National Park
Onguma Game reserve
Namib Tsaris Conservancy
Tracking Desert Elephants
Low: April - June, November
High (Best): July - October
Classic, Active, Romantic, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Windhoek; to Etosha via Okonjima
Depart this morning to Okonjima and the AfriCat Foundation's Day Center. This wildlife sanctuary focuses on the research and rehabilitation of Africa's big cats, especially injured or captured leopard and cheetah. Enjoy an exciting and informative game drive and tour of the center to learn about the foundation. The highlight is meeting some of the special rehabilitated carnivore ambassadors. For those who are interested, an extra night or two at AfriCat can be arranged - inquire for details. Continue north to the edge of Etosha. Overnight Onguma Tree Tops.
- Day 2 - Etosha National Park
- Day 3 - Etosha and Onguma Private Reserve
- Day 4 - Damaraland and //Huab Conservancy
- Day 5 - Desert Rhino Tracking
- Day 6 - Desert Elephant Tracking
- Day 7 - To Swakopmund
- Day 8 - Namib Tsaris Conservancy
- Day 9 - Sossusvlei
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Onguma Tree Top
Huab Under Canvas
Desert Breeze Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Air-conditioned safari vehicle with a refrigerator
- 9-nights accommodation
- Limited complimentary laundry service available at Huab
- Local drinks at meals (water, soft drinks, beers and table wine)
- Meals starting with Lunch Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Sea kayaking or catamaran option in Swakopmund
- Shared game drives and walks with your small group of not more than 7 guests (including open vehicle drive in Onguma)
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies
- International airfare into and out of Windhoek, Namibia
- Pre/post-safari accommodation in Windhoek (if necessary)
- Tips and gratuities
- Hot air balloon at Sossusvlei - add $575
- Scenic flight from Swakop to Sossus - available at additional cost
- Laundry (limited laundry service available at Huab)
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks other than water in vehicle
All prices based on 2 adults sharing on a scheduled, small-group departure on set dates. Private departures are possible - please inquire for rates. Single supplements apply for solo travelers = $900. No children under 12. This is an active safari and may not be the best fit for those with mobility issues.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!