and Gorilla Safari
10 Days in Rwanda
This is the ultimate Rwanda primate safari! You'll have the opportunity to track and encounter four rare species of primates that call the Rwandan forests home. Beginning in the tropical Nyungwe Forest you'll spend several days searching out chimpanzees, our closest relatives, and other primates. Heading toward the Volcanoes region, you'll spend a night on the shores of Lake Kivu, one of the Great Lakes of East Africa.
Getting up close to a mountain gorilla family in the wild is one of the most amazing wildlife encounters that you can have on the planet. You'll head deep into the jungle on the slopes of Rwanda's Volcanoes National Park escorted by a team of expert guides and local trackers. After two full days of gorilla tracking you'll have the opportunity to trek to see the amazing Golden Monkeys. Both classic accommodation and luxury options are possible.
Check out our blog on what it's like to go gorilla trekking.
|Low Season||From $9,350 per person|
|High Season||From $10,395 per person|
|Gorilla permits||$1,500 per person per day of trekking|
Consider a luxury upgrade to Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge and The Retreat for about $2,800 per person in the Low Season and $5,200 per person in the High Season.
Silverback Mountain Gorillas
Colobus and Golden Monkeys
Low: December - March
Mid (Better): May
High (Best): June - October
*Varies by accommodation
Day 1 - Arrive Kigali
Welcome to Rwanda! On arrival, you'll be met at the airport and transferred to your accommodation. Kigali Serena or The Retreat.
- Day 2 - Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Day 3-4 - Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Day 5 - Lake Kivu
- Day 6 - Kinigi and Volcanoes National Park
- Day 7-8 - Gorilla Trekking Volcanoes NP
- Day 9 - Golden Monkey Trekking
- Day 10 - City Tour and Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Five Volcanoes Lodge
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Chimpanzee, colobus and Golden Monkey trekking permits
- Porters for your trek(s)
- Private lecturer at Genocide Memorial Museum
- Road transfers
- 9-nights accommodation (Classic: Serena Standard Rooms; Nyungwe-King room; Cormoran - Standard rooms; 5V - deluxe room; Lux: Sabyinyo Standard Cottage, Retreat Superior King Suite)
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Drinks and laundry at Sabyinyo only
- At Nyungwe: all non-alcoholic drinks and selected alcoholic drinks with meals only; two lodge activities per day as defined by lodge
- International airfare into and out of Kigali, Rwanda
- Rwandan visa - available prior or on arrival
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks and laundry except as indicated
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details.
Gorilla permits purchased separately at $1,500 per person per day of trekking. Gorilla treks are conducted in small groups organized by the Ugandan Wildlife Authority. Large groups of travelers may be split up and small groups may be combined with others.
Children age 15 or above are welcome to trek for gorillas.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!