Bush and Beach Safari
9 Days in South Africa
This experience-rich safari combines South Africa's varied wildlife reserves with pristine beaches in remote less-visited areas of the country.
Start by first exploring Thornybush Private Reserve adjacent to Kruger National Park, where local trackers and guides seek out herds of elephants, prides of lions and elusive leopards.
Explore Phinda Game Reserve known for its excellent guides, abundant wildlife, seven distinct ecosystems and dense wildlife concentrations including rhino, cheetah, buffalo, elephant and lions.
Next, get your feet wet and snorkel in the clear tropical waters of the Indian Ocean in the remote north eastern reaches of the Elephant Coast. Miles of undisturbed coastline spread out in front of your beach bungalow and beckon you to explore tide pools and the coastal forests.
This safari is perfect for honeymooners, couples, groups and families alike and is easily customized to the dates and length that work best for you.
|Low Season||From $4,995 per person|
|Mid Season||From $5,250 per person|
|High Season||From $6,150 per person|
Thornybush Game Reserve
Phinda Private Reserve
Low: May - July
Mid (Better): February - April
November - Early December
High (Best): August and October
Luxurious, Family, Romantic
Day 1 - Arrive Hoedspruit
Arrive at Hoedspruit Airport this morning and depart with your guide and tracker to the private Thornybush Game Reserve part of the greater Kruger National Park. Dinner is a lantern-lit affair, served under the stars and overlooking the waterhole frequented by buffalo and elephants. Overnight Thornybush Game Lodge.
- Days 2-3 - Thornybush Game Reserve
- Days 4-5 - Phinda Private Reserve
- Days 6-8 - Isimangaliso Wetlands and Elephant Coast
- Day 9 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Thornybush Game Lodge
Phinda Mountain Lodge
Thonga Beach Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- 8-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 9
- Local brand drinks
- Shared game drives and walks
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies, conservation levies
- International airfare into Hoedspruit, South Africa and out of Richard's Bay South Africa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available - call for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!