Kilimanjaro Lemosho Route
10 Days Trekking in Tanzania
to The Roof of Africa
Perfect for those looking to take the path less traveled, the Lemosho Route traverses the western wilderness areas of Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa and one of the Seven Summits. Considered by many to be Kili’s most beautiful route, this itinerary has been carefully designed to provide more acclimatization time for climbers by incorporating longer distances (42 miles gate-to-gate), longer times on the mountain and shorter elevation gains. This translates into a high summit success rate. The route traverses the most spectacular parts of the mountain including the Shira Plateau, Lava Tower, and Barranco Valley. From the low elevation rainforests to the high-alpine deserts, you'll be rewarded with splendid views all the way up to the summit. The descent is via the Mweka Route.
This itinerary is only recommended for physically fit people with significant hiking experience. The trip is fully supported with a shower tent, spacious walk-in guest tents, bed cots, and pillows as well as a mess tent with lightweight tables and chairs, plates and cutlery. Our trips also include a toilet tent in camp and, most importantly, knowledgeable professional guides who go through bi-annual training. Our logistics team, at our base, monitors your trip from start to finish.
|2 guests||3 guests||4+ guests|
|From $8,650 per person||From $7,050 per person||From $6,550 per person|
Lesser Used Remote Route
VIP Tents With Cots
Mid (Better): December - March
High (Best): June - October
Day 1 - Arrive Arusha
Welcome to Tanzania! Arrive Arusha and transfer to your accommodation at Nagare Sero. This evening, you'll have a comprehensive safety briefing and equipment check with your climbing guide.
- Day 2 - Londorossi Gate to Forest Camp
- Day 3 - Forest Camp to Shira 1 Camp
- Day 4 - Shira 1 Camp to Moir Hut Camp
- Day 5 - Moir Hut Camp to Barranco Camp
- Day 6 - Barranco Camp to Karanga Camp
- Day 7 - Karanga Camp to Barafu Camp
- Day 8 - Barafu Camp to Summit; Summit to Mweka Camp
- Day 9 - Mweka Camp to Mweka Gate to Arusha
- Day 10 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Ngare Sero Lodge
Kilimanjaro VIP Tent Camp
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- Trained climbing guides, 1 guide for every 2 clients. Head guides are Wilderness First Responder (or equivalent) trained
- Kilimanjaro trekking and park fees
- Sleeping bag rated to 0F, thermal liner, 3-in mattress, pillow
- Safety equipment including a pulse oximeter, a custom evacuation stretcher, oxygen and a stocked first aid kit
- Airport-hotel-mountain transfers
- 2 nights hotel accommodation, 6 nights mobile tent camping as indicated
- Meals beginning with breakfast on Day 2 and ending with breakfast on Day 9
- Drinks on the trek including water, tea, coffee and hot chocolate
- International airfare into and out of Kilimanjaro-Arusha, Tanzania
- Tanzanian visa
- Tips and gratuities (comprehensive tipping suggestion guide provided)
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks, alcoholic beverages, and meals other than listed above
- Any other items not mentioned above
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Your best chance for success in summiting Kilimanjaro comes from good preparation and fitness. Take time to prepare several months in advance. If you need advice for a fitness plan, let us know.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!