12 Wild Days in Tanzania
This itinerary is designed for the intrepid safari aficionado looking to explore the stunning wildlife reserves in remote regions of Tanzania.
Begin in the northern reaches of the Serengeti National Park where the great wildebeest migration passes through camp in the dry season. This corner of the Serengeti ensures seclusion with robust predator sightings throughout the year.
In far western Tanzania lies Katavi National Park, a vast wilderness visited by fewer than 1,000 guests each year. Thousand-member strong buffalo herds congregate here, and hippos fight for territory in shallow water holes. Explore the sprawling floodplains on foot with your naturalist guide in search of plains game like impala, zebra and waterbuck.
Continue even further to Mahale Mountains National Park, the only place in Tanzania to encounter wild chimpanzees. After hiking through the forests, swim and fish in the crystal waters of Lake Tanganyika, the 2nd largest freshwater lake in the world.
This itinerary is based out of some of the most exclusive and remote small camps and bush lodges, each located in prime wildlife areas.
|Low Season||From $12,795 per person|
|Mid Season||From $15,395 per person|
|High Season||From $17,995 per person|
Serengeti National Park
Katavi National Park
Low: January - February
November - Early December
Mid (Better): June
High (Best): July - October
Late December - Early January
Luxurious, Active, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Arusha
Welcome to Tanzania! On arrival, you’ll be met by your driver after clearing customs. Transfer to your accommodation and settle in. Overnight at Katambuga House.
- Day 2 - Serengeti National Park
- Days 3-4 - Serengeti National Park
- Day 5 - Katavi National Park
- Days 6-8 - Katavi National Park
- Day 9 - Mahale Mountain National Park
- Days 10-11 - Chimp Trekking and Lake Tanganyika
- Day 12 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Arusha-Serengeti-Katavi-Mahale-Arusha internal flights
- 11-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 12
- Local brand drinks
- Shared game drives and walks
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees and conservation levies
- International airfare into and out of Arusha-Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Tanzania visa (best acquired ahead of arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available call for details.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!