Southern Tanzania Bush and Beach
12 Days in Southern Tanzania
and Pemba Island
Explore the rugged and wild frontier of Southern Tanzania on this wildlife-rich African adventure combining the expansive Selous Reserve, roaring lions of remote Ruaha National Park and the tropical underwater beauty of the Indian Ocean. These southern parks and reserves are some of the least explored and largest conservation areas in Africa.
From remote eco-camps, you’ll be guided by expert safari guides while enjoying daily walks and drives through massive granite outcrops and past enormous Baobabs. From a boat in the Selous, you'll encounter snorting hippos and sunbathing crocs. In both Ruaha and Selous you'll be on the lookout for lion, leopard, cheetah, and wild dog who roam these untouched wildlife refuges.
Using light aircraft "bush flights" between camps allows you to maximize your time out in the wild. Trade safari khaki for a swimsuit at the end of your trip for a swim in the tropical blue waters of Pemba Island. This laid-back island getaway stands in contrast to the crowds of its overdeveloped neighbor, Zanzibar, to the south. Spend a night in the most exclusive room in Africa: the Underwater Room where you’ll sleep with 360-degree views of the tropical reef 10 feet below the surface of the Indian Ocean.
|Low Season||From $11,195 per person|
|Mid Season||From $11,795 per person|
|High Season||From $14,995 per person|
Selous Game Reserve
Ruaha National Park
Underwater Room at Manta Resort
Game Drives, Walking and Boating Safari
Mid (Better): January - mid-March; November - mid-December
High (Best): July - October;
Late December - early January
Luxurious, Romantic, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Dar Es Salaam
On arrival at Dar es Salaam Airport you will be met by your driver who will transfer you to Southern Sun Dar es Salaam. Enjoy a good night's sleep before your safari.
- Day 2 - Selous Game Reserve
- Days 3-4 - Selous Game Reserve
- Day 5 - Ruaha National Park
- Day 6-7 - Ruaha National Park
- Day 8 - Pemba Island
- Day 9-11 - Manta and Underwater Room
- Day 12 - Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Southern Sun Dar Es Salaam
Roho Ya Selous
Manta Resort - Pemba
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flights: Dar-Selous-Ruaha-Dar-Pemba-Dar
- Road transfers between airstrips and lodging
- Shared activities at safari camps; private vehicles and guides available at extra cost
- 11-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2 and ending with Breakfast Day 12
- Drinks at Selous, Ruaha and Manta
- Game drives and walks
- All guide fees, park fees, conservancy fees, government levies, conservation levies and local taxes
- 1 spa treatment per person per day at Manta
- Kayaks at Manta
- International airfare into and out of Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Tanzanian visa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Diving, island excursions and marine activities at Manta
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available - call for details. Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!