Tanzania Wildlife and Walking Safari
9 Days in Northern Tanzania
with optional 6-day extension
to Southern Tanzania
Come with us on a fly-in safari to the very best wildlife areas in Tanzania. Starting on the remote northern slopes of the Ngorongoro Crater and based from the award-winning geodesic domes of The Highlands, you'll take a private entrance down to the crater floor arriving before the crowds that use the southwest entrance. This massive, unbroken caldera is home to all manner of wildlife including rhinos, elephants, buffalos, and lions. You'll then fly into a remote corner of the Serengeti for an exclusive 2-day walking safari where you'll have the privilege of encountering this massive eco-system on foot with your private guide. Our exclusive walking camp is strategically placed along the wildebeest Great Migration corridor. A final three nights in the northern Serengeti means spending your days ranging from your luxury safari camp looking for herds of elephants, cheetahs on the hunt, and ever-alert imapals in one of the greatest wildlife viewing areas on the continent.
The intrepid adventurer will want to extend their time to the wilder and more remote southern parks of Tanzania. This is six more days of exploring two of Tanzania's largest wildlife reserves with a range of safari options, from walking, night drives and boating excursions, to unrivaled photographic opportunities. These areas have always been a well-kept secret for those looking for an exclusive, off-the-beaten-path safari experience. You'll be one of the first to explore a remote part of Ruaha, from a brand new conservation-focused tented camp set in the heart of the Usangu Wetlands. The Ruaha and Selous Nyerere National Parks are home to some of the largest populations of wildlife in Tanzania and some of the most stunning and dramatic scenery found anywhere in Africa.
We hope you'll join us in June 2023!
|Northern Tanzania only||$11,850 per person|
|Add Southern Tanzania Extension||$7,995 per person|
This cost includes a $250 per person donation to the Ujamaa Community Resource Team that supports grassroots community development throughout Tanzania.
Space is limited to only 8 guests.
Serengeti Walking Safari
Fly-in Luxury Camps
Ruaha and Selous Extension
June 24 - July 2, 2023 (North only)
June 24 - July 8, 2023 (North + South)
Classic, Active, Cultural, Wild!
Day 1 - Arusha
Welcome to Africa! On arrival in Arusha you will be met by your driver who will transfer you to Rivertrees Country Inn. Enjoy a good night's sleep before your safari departs.
- Day 2 - Mto Wa Mbu and Ngorongoro Highlands
- Day 3 - Ngorongoro Crater
- Day 4 - Serengeti
- Day 5 - Full Day Walking Safari
- Days 6 - 8 - Northern Serengeti
- Day 9 - Depart
Southern Tanzania Extension:
Day 9 - To Ruaha National Park
After a final game drive in the Northern Serengeti this morning, you'll transfer to the Kogatende airstrip and fly into the wild Ruaha National Park in Southern Tanzania - one of the largest parks in Africa. You'll head across the landscape into the remote Usangu Wetlands in the far southern corner of the park. There, an exclusive safari camp set in the heart of this largely unexplored wilderness awaits. The Usangu Wetland is a biodiversity treasure trove. Herds of roan and sable antelope roam the vast marshland, and wild dogs run along rivers. Hundreds of ostrich congregate in a way that is not often seen in other places in Africa. In the riverbanks and lagoons are numerous amphibians, some still waiting to be discovered. Lions, leopards, spotted hyenas, giraffes, hippopotamus, and buffalo are also prolific. Overnight at Usangu Expedition Camp.
- Day 10 - Ruaha National Park
- Day 11 - Ruaha National Park
- Day 12 - Selous - Nyerere National Park
- Days 13 - 14 - Selous - Nyerere National Park
- Day 15 - Depart
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flights: Arusha-Manyara-Serengeti-Arusha or Serengeti-Ruaha-Selous-Dar
- Road transfers between airstrips and lodging
- Shared activities at Highlands, Sayari and Roho; private vehicles and guides at Walking Camp and Usangu
- 8-nights accommodation (north only); 14-nights accommodation with extension
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2; ending with lunch Day 9 if not extending or Breakfast Day 15 if extending
- Local brand drinks starting Day 3
- Game drives and walks
- All guide fees, park fees, conservancy fees, government levies, conservation levies and local taxes
- Conservation and community development donation
- International airfare into Arusha and out of Arusha or Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
- Tanzanian visa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Any COVID testing
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details. Space is limited to 8 guests.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!