Classic Uganda Gorilla Safari
10 Days in Uganda
Trekking through the dense, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest to encounter wild mountain gorillas is simply one of the most amazing wildlife experiences that you can have on the planet. This itinerary includes two days of gorilla trekking to give you the very best opportunity for a close encounter with a family of these magnificent creatures.
In addition to silverback gorillas, you'll also have the chance to observe wild chimpanzees in Kibale Forest, explore Queen Elizabeth National Park in search of lions (especially those that have a preference for climbing trees in Ishasha) and enjoy a private boat through the Kazinga Channel, the best place to observe many of Uganda's 1,000+ recorded bird species.
An upgrade to Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge puts you in a remote corner of Bwindi with some of the best views out into the volcanoes region of Rwanda. It's even possible to trek across Bwindi to get there! Inquire for details.
Consider extending your time here to Murchison Falls National Park or even the remote and wild Kidepo Valley National Park.
|2 guests||4 guests|
|Low Season||From $8,690 per person||From $7,190 per person|
|High Season||From $10,395 per person||From $8,895 per person|
Gorilla Trekking Permits are an additional $700 per person per day of trekking.
Bwinidi Impenetrable Froest
Chimpanzee Trekking in Kibale Forest
Queen Elizabeth National Park
Tree Climbing Lions in Ishasha
Private Boat on Kazinga Channel
Low: January - May
October - mid-December
High (Best): June - September
Classic, Luxurious, Active
Day 1 - Arrive Entebbe
You'll be met on arrival at Entebbe and then transferred to your hotel. Overnight Hotel Number 5.
- Day 2 - To Kibale Forest
- Day 3 - Chimp Trekking and Bigodi Wetlands
- Day 4 - Tinka's Lunch and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 5 - QENP and Kazinga Channel
- Day 6 - Chambura Gorge Trek and To Ishasha
- Day 7 - To Bwindi Impenetrable Forest
- Days 8-9 - Gorilla Trekking
- Day 10 - Fly to Entebbe and Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Hotel Number 5
Kyambura Gorge Lodge
Ishasha Wilderness Camp
Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Internal flight from Bwindi to Entebbe
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Local brand drinks (except Hotel 5 and Kyaninga)
- 30-minute massage per stay at Kyambura and Bwindi Lodge
- Chimp trek, gorge trek or lion tracking, private boat on Kazinga Channel
- One porter per person on gorilla treks
- Guided crater lake walk, dairy visit, cheese tasting, kayaking and guided community walk at Kyaninga
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies
- International airfare into and out of Entebbe, Uganda
- Uganda visa (recommend acquiring before arrival)
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Upgrade to Clouds - call for details.
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates may be available however, children under 15 years are not permitted on gorilla treks per Ugandan Wildlife Authority rules. Gorilla treks are conducted in small groups organized by the Ugandan Wildlife Authority. Large groups of travelers may be split up and small groups may be combined with others.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!