South Luangwa Walking Safari
10 Days in Zambia's
South Luangwa National Park
South Luangwa National Park is considered Africa’s top walking safari and wildlife viewing destination. Under the guidance of an expert naturalist guide and tracker you will learn to read and interpret the bush traveling by foot as well as in open 4x4 safari vehicles in Zambia’s South Luangwa Valley.
Beginning at dawn, you can expect to walk 3-4 hours each morning exploring different habitats near the camp. Your guide and scout will look for signs of wildlife while your walking pace and your interests determine exactly where you explore. Your guide is intimately familiar with the terrain but you never know what wildlife you might encounter. You'll head out again in the late afternoon for a game drive, sundowner cocktails and even a night game drive to observe nocturnal animal behavior.
Remote yet luxurious accommodations vary from large safari tents blending seamlessly into lush foliage to chalets set on river banks or lagoons which provide exceptional wildlife viewing opportunities. Chefs prepare locally sourced meals which are served al fresco under the stars and you'll drift off to sleep with the sounds of Zambia's bush outside your room.
|Low Season||From $6,995 per person|
|Mid Season||From $7,395 per person|
|High Season||From $8,495 per person|
South Luangwa National Park
Low: May & November
Mid (Better): June & October
High (Best): July - September
Classic, Active, Romantic, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Lusaka, Fly to Mfuwe
Welcome to Zambia! Your adventure begins as you are met and greeted at the Lusaka airport before continuing to your domestic flight to Mfuwe Airstrip on the edge of South Luangwa National Park. On arrival you are met by your local guide and transferred to Mfuwe Lodge for a refreshment and safety orientation before heading off on your first safari into South Luangwa National Park. Your game viewing experience begins as you travel by open vehicle with an experienced guide. Overnight at Mfuwe Lodge.
- Day 2 - South Luangwa - Chindeni Camp
- Days 3 - 5 - South Luangwa - Chindeni Camp
- Day 6 - Walk to Kapamba
- Day 7 - 8 - South Luangwa Kapamba Camp
- Day 9 - South Luangwa Mfuwe
- Day 10 - Depart Mfuwe to Lusaka
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Chindeni Bush Camp
Kapamba Bush Camp
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Lusaka-Mfuwe-Lusaka internal flight
- Shared road transfers and safari activities (Mfuwe Airport and between camps)
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Dinner Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Tea/coffee at Mfuwe, all drinks at bush camps
- Shared game drives and walks
- All park fees, government levies, Luangwa Conservation & Community Fund (LCCF), Zambian Carnivore Programme (ZCP)
- International airfare into and out of Lusaka, Zambia
- Zambian visa
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Mfuwe Lodge excludes: village excursions and drinks other than coffee/tea
- Premium wines at bush camps
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers - call for details. Child rates available for children 11 years of age or younger sharing with 2 full-paying adults. However, children under 12 years are not permitted on walking safaris as per Department of National Parks & Wildlife rules, and a private camp or private guide and vehicle is required for the duration of stay at additional cost.
Luggage restrictions apply - see pre-departure info for details.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!