Zimbabwe Conservation Safari
12 Days in Zimbabwe
This safari is everything that Moraway Adventures values!
We created this active safari to provide exceptional wildlife viewing with some of the top guides on the continent while also raising funds to support important conservation and community development projects in Zimbabwe. Designed for travelers looking to go beyond just game drives, our guests will get an unscripted and up-close look at what it takes to support and safeguard wildlife while mitigating human-wildlife conflicts in local villages.
Historically, these communities saw no benefit from a wildlife tourism industry. To these locals, wildlife was a nuisance: elephants eating their crops and lions killing their livestock. There was no incentive to protect wildlife. Tourists were people who traveled through but spent their money elsewhere.
Mark Butcher and his team of guides and lodges have worked for over 20 years to change this reality. By building their safari lodges and camps on community-owned lands, a symbiotic relationship began between conservation, responsible tourism and local communities. This promoted the conservation of the local wildlife and natural resources while at the same time adding significantly to the experience for the responsible safari enthusiast.
Included in the cost of this safari is a per person donation toward new solar and hybrid water resources for wildlife in and around Hwange National Park and drinking water for local villages. In this way, every guest is making a direct positive impact on wildlife conservation in Zimbabwe as well as improving the lives of the people who live on the very doorstep of the park.
We hope you’ll join us!
From $9,995 per person sharing with limited spots available. This includes a $500 per person donation to water projects benefitting wildlife and local villagers.
Hwange National Park
Mountain Bike Safari
Best: May - September
April and October also possible
Classic, Family, Cultural, Active, Wild!
Day 1 - Arrive Victoria Falls
Welcome to Zimbabwe! Meet your driver and shuttle vehicle for your road transfer to the boutique Batonka Lodge. A portion of your stay here benefits the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and Anti-poaching Unit, a non-profit dedicated to conserving wildlife and natural ecosystems in the Victoria Falls region. Spend the afternoon getting settled in, meeting the group or stretching your legs with a walk nearby the hotel. Overnight Batonka Lodge.
- Day 2 - Hwange National Park
- Day 3 - Ngamo Village and Hwange National Park
- Day 4 - Hwange National Park
- Day 5 - Pump run, Anti-Poaching Unit and Fly Camping
- Day 6 - Poaching Patrol and Jozibanini
- Day 7 - Mountain Bike Safari at Jozibanini
- Days 8-9 - Hwange National Park
- Day 10 - Victoria Falls
- Day 11 - Victoria Falls Tour
- Day 12 - Departure
Your Trip Leaders and Guide(s):
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Shared road transfers and camp/lodge activities
- 11-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Breakfast Day 2 and ending with Breakfast Day 12
- Local brand drinks
- Game drives and walks, Falls tour (entrance fee to own account)
- Laundry in Hwange (except Jozibanini)
- All park fees, government levies, guide fees, conservation fees, water project donation
- International airfare into and out of Victoria Falls Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe visa (acquired on arrival for $30)
- Entrance fee to Victoria Falls ($20)
- Tips and gratuities (guidance on this will be given with pre-departure information)
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Premium wines and spirits
All prices based on 2 adults sharing. Single supplements apply for solo travelers with limited solo spaces available. This safari is best suited for children ages 12 and up.
All activities are challenge by choice so guests can opt-out for less active options where appropriate. All guests should be fit and healthy - please let us know if you have any mobility issues or concerns.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!