The Goals of CTPH:
- Promote conservation of gorillas through gorilla health and habitat conservation
- Promote a One Health and Population, Health and Environment (PHE) approach to addressing some of the most pressing public health and environmental concerns in and around protected areas in Africa.
- Monitor and track zoonotic disease transmissions between wildlife, humans and livestock to prevent outbreaks of deadly diseases.
- Empower local communities, with a special focus on women, to be stewards of their environment and to practice health-seeking behavior.
- Create sustainable income and improve livelihoods for community volunteers through income-generating projects and Village and Savings Loan Associations.
- Identify and cultivate sustainable sources of funds for CTPH programs.
- Advocate for One Health and PHE approaches to be institutionalized into policies at the regional, national and multilateral level.
Read the most recent newsletter
Visit the CTPH Website
Areas of project focus: