Ultimate Namibia Safari
10 Days Through Namibia
Explore the vast wilderness landscapes and track unique desert-adapted wildlife like elephant, lion and oryx on this active, small group, 10-day Namibia safari. With a maximum group size of only 7 guests, this intimate driving safari is perfect for couples, friends and small groups who want to travel together.
Led by an expert naturalist guide, you'll visit the best that Namibia has to offer. Hike to the top of the towering Sossusvlei sand dunes and marvel at the other-worldly dead vlei on the western edge of the Namib desert. Sea kayak along the Skeleton Coast keeping an eye out for whales, sea lions and seals. Head deep into the desert with a visit to the Twyfelfontein UNESCO World Heritage Rock Art Site where ancient tribes left their mark. By day, you'll be amazed by the unique adaptations all of the flora and fauna have evolved to thrive in this arid environment and by night, you'll fall asleep under some of the darkest skies in the world. Explore further still to the massive Etosha National Park and surrounding private game reserves where abundant wildlife congregates around scarce water supplies on the edge of the great Salt Pan. This itinerary is created for those who love adventuring far off the beaten track.
|Low Season Scheduled Departure||From $4,595 per person|
|High Season Scheduled Departure||From $4,995 per person|
*Please inquire for departure dates. Private departures on custom dates also possible at additional cost.
Etosha National Park
Onguma Game Reserve
Sea Kayak the Skeleton Coast
Track Desert Elephants
Twyfelfontein Rock Art Site
Low: March - May
High (Best): June - December
Classic, Cultural, Active
Day 1 - Arrive Windhoek; To Sossusvlei
Depart Windhoek with your private guide and drive southwest through the Khomas Hochland highlands before descending the Great Escarpment into the Namib Desert below. Enjoy a picnic lunch en route to Sesriem Canyon, a narrow gorge and vital source of water for early settlers. Overnight at Dead Valley Lodge where you can relax in the picturesque bar by the swimming pool while looking out over the local desert scenery towards Elim Dune.
- Day 2 - Sossusvlei and the Namib Desert
- Day 3 - To Swakopmund
- Day 4 - Skeleton Coast Kayaking (or Catamaran Cruise)
- Day 5 - Twyfelfontein and Damaraland
- Day 6 - Desert Elephant Tracking
- Day 7 - To South Etosha
- Day 8 - Etosha National Park
- Day 9 - Onguma Game Reserve
- Day 10 - AfriCat and Departure
Lodges and Camps For This Adventure:
Dead Valley Lodge
Etosha Mountain Lodge
- Moraway Adventures travel consultation and pre-departure services
- English speaking naturalist guides
- Air-conditioned safari vehicle with a refrigerator
- 9-nights accommodation
- Meals starting with Lunch Day 1 and ending with Breakfast Day 10
- Sea kayaking or catamaran option in Swakopmund
- Shared game drives and walks with your small group of not more than 7 guests (including open vehicle drive in Onguma)
- All park fees, guide fees, government levies
- International airfare into and out of Windhoek, Namibia
- Pre/post-safari accommodation in Windhoek (if necessary)
- Tips and gratuities
- Hot air balloon at Sossusvlei - add $575
- Personal expenses for extra services, optional activities, or changes in your itinerary for reasons beyond our control
- Mandatory travel insurance for trip cancellation, medical services, or evacuation
- Drinks other than water in vehicle
All prices based on 2 adults sharing on a scheduled, small-group departure on set dates. Private departures are possible - please inquire for rates. Single supplements apply for solo travelers $785 low season / $860 high season. No children under 12. This is an active safari and may not be the best fit for those with mobility issues.
Reach out and talk with someone who has been there.
and make your dream a reality!